Thursday, November 10, 2005

They Might Be Giants

You know what the coolest thing in the universe is? Of course you don't. That's why I'm going to tell you what it is, so you don't have to get all stressed out about it. You ready? The coolest thing in the universe (besides my ego) is black holes.

I mean, what could possibly be cooler than an object more massive than the entire solar system but smaller than a pinhead. Now you're asking, "But Doctor, how do you know for sure that Black Holes are the coolest things in the universe?" To which my first reply would be, "because I know better than you," but that's not very constructive. The honest response is, "Ahh, my young pupil, there is one thing that is orders of magnitude more cool than a Black Hole."

You wait with bated breath. Is it a Supernova? Good try, but not quite. Is it you, Doctor? Flattering, but I will not tolerate such distractions. Is it Pirates? Zombies? Ninjas? Reams and reams can be and have been written about the coolness of these things, but sadly no, they are not cooler than a Black Hole. So what is? My friends, the only thing that's cooler than a Black Hole is Two Black Holes Smashing Into Each Other!

See above photo and click here.

No comments: