Friday, November 11, 2005

A Pirate's Life for Who?

Is it just me, or are today's pirates kinda lame? Okay, so at least thier tactics aren't as bad as they could be, but come on! Where's the bravado? The showmanship? The....style? The pirates of yesteryear were gentlemen...at least the pirate captains were. They were educated, intelligent, masters of combat and tactics. They had a sense of style; they wore flambouyant clothes, appreciated the finer things in life.

I'm not saying that today's pirates aren't badass in thier way, but it really seems to me, that something was lost along the way. When it comes down to it, these guys just seem boring. If I was a pirate today, I would bring back the style! I would be a media whore! I would wear fancy (perhaps a bit effeminate?) clothes, I would rob from the rich and steal from the poor! I would bring pirateering to new heights of awesomeness, the likes of which the world has never seen, and cannot see except in thier most frightening nightmares!

No comments: